Friday, April 22, 2011

Fashion Glimpse: Antonia Carter Covers Rolling Out Magazine April Issue


Hey Dolls, Here is a Fashion Glimpse of Antonia " Toya " Carter cover for Rolling out Magazine. 
Toya has been keeping herself very busy since the season finale of her BET reality show " Tiny & Toya". Toya has managed to open her own business, snag herself  a new Man , and launch her own reality show " A Family Affair". Toya recently sat down with Rolling Out Magazine to discuss her New outlook on life. Check out the snippets from the Interview:

On holding her own:
People thought Tiny and I were gong to do a baby momma show. They only knew that I was married to Lil Wayne. But once we did season 2, they knew more about me. My life has changed, and I’m more in the public’s eye. I hear from people who are inspired by my story. I didn’t do the show to bash Lil Wayne or be labeled the mother of his first child. I will always be attached to him, but I’m doing things to better myself such as the TV show, my book and opening a clothing store.

On women in relationships:
I just feel like women just go so hard. They give their all so fast. They give 100 [percent] and don’t get that in return. Relationships [are] supposed to be equal. A lot of women didn’t grow up with the affection from their dad. So, when they find a man, they expect that man to give that to them.They look for love in all the wrong places. They never had their fathers around to say, I love you, and you’re beautiful. So, the first man to tell them, I love you, and you’re beautiful, they fall for it. That’s the biggest problem. They throw themselves on a man all the time and say, I got him. That [doesn't] work.
On her daughter being “grown”:
When you have kids at a young age, your kids tend to grow up with you. So, as I was learning, she was learning, which is why she is wise beyond her years. People see my daughter and say, She is so grown. We were learning together. I couldn’t just put her off on everybody. That didn’t stop me from being a mother. I told her when she was born, I’m going to give you all I didn’t have and more.Love your kids listen to them, hear them out. People say, If you didn’t have it, you can’t give it, but that’s not true. I didn’t have [anybody], but I’m trying to be there for my daughter. talk to me because I didn’t have [anyone] to talk to.

On men needing to be more respectful and stepping up their game:
Men have to be more respectful. This generation is just so disrespectful. They think it’s corny to open a door for a woman and just be polite. What goes around comes around. What you put out, you will get back.

Read more: Toya Carter Talks Relationships In Rolling Out Magazine



Tune into BET on Tuesday 10pm Eastern Time to check out " A Family Affair"




Source/Image: NecoleBitchie


1 comment:

  1. she is doing a wonderful job with her life god bless

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...