Thursday, June 16, 2011

Fashion Glimpse: Jada Pinkett-Smith for uptown Magazine

Hey dolls, here is a Fashion Glimpse of Jada Pinkett- Smith spread for Uptown Magazine. The Images are absolutely stunning, and Jada sat down to discussed her Marriage, Career and critics views on her kids. Check out additional images from the photo shoot and snippets of the interview below


On critics of her kids




“There are so many other kids you can worry about. My kids? They’re going to be all right. I get why people would criticize. But people need to know that Will and I would never put our children in a situation that would bring them detriment, my kids have no idea how I grew up, Even in knowing my story, they couldn’t know what that means. They have no RE-ALI-TY. None.






My feeling is, my kids need to have challenges, in a safe way. If I survived everything that I survived in Baltimore and Will survived everything he survived in Philly, these kids surely can survive the Hollywood game.






With so many heavyweights surrounding them—from Beyoncé and Jay-Z to Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith to Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony—if they can fail in a circle like that, then they weren’t going to win in the first place. All I want for Trey (Will’s oldest son from his first marriage), Jaden, and Willow is happiness.






On Ending Hеr Music Career


Whеn Jaden dіd Thе Pursuit οf Happiness, I wаѕ supposed tο gο οn tour wіth Guns N’ Roses іn Europe.[...][Turning down the offer and disbanding the group] wаѕ probably thе mοѕt heartbreaking experience. Bυt whаt I realized іѕ thаt sometimes God wіll рlасе things іn уουr life thаt wіll mаkе уου recognize whаt уουr priorities аrе. I adore mу son; hе’s mу soul seed. Thеrе wаѕ nο way thаt I wаѕ going tο allow hіm tο dο [a movie] аnd nοt hаνе hіѕ mother. I miss [my music career] tremendously, but it’s one of those things that I wear with a badge of honor because it expresses what I prioritize, and that’s my family.






On spending time with Will


We create together; we love on each other, We raise our kids together. We are building something together. People think that Will and I don’t spend a lot of time together. Too much time, actually, if you ask me, It’s always nice to have a little time apart. Sometimes you need that.






On how she will spend her 40th birthday this year


This year I’m going to have a quiet birthday. I’ve gone through a major transition. I lost my father, I lost my father’s mother, and I lost my aunt, all within a matter of 12 months. It helped me realize, Jada, you’re going into the next phase in your life. And what old skin I had to shed in order to take on this second half, I did. And that, to me, is the celebration.”

Get full details of interview Uptown Magazine



Source: Uptown Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...